Blog Reflection Quarter 4

Over this past year, I think I have evolved as a blogger. Fourth quarter, I have blogged about topics that relate to our class discussions and about my junior theme experience. Blogging has become not an assignment (as it started off as first quarter), but a way for me to think critically and reflect on our society and discussions we have in class, and stay updated on current events. I definitely feel more comfortable blogging now as opposed to first quarter.
My favorite blog post this quarter is "Facebook...for first graders" (5/21). Although I did not have as many blogs fourth quarter as previous quarters, I really liked this blog both because it pertains to the discussions we've had in class on the media and technological changes in our society, and because I actually felt very strongly about the topic. I think the idea of social networking for young children is very relevant and a little scary.
Overall, I have really enjoyed learning how to blog and become comfortable blogging :)

Friday, April 9, 2010

Junior Theme

After much switching around, I finally found a topic that I am interested in researching and writing about. I started off thinking that I was going to do my junior theme on alternative medicine and how it has increasingly become a part of healthcare in the US. However, there were some complications with that topic so I moved on to healthcare and the new reform. After thinking about it and beginning to do some research, I decided that topic was not interesting enough for me, but now I have my final topic/idea. I am going to focus on the image we have in American of the "perfect" or "ideal" American family and how new science technologies -- like choosing genes and designing babies -- is changing the way we view the American family. I do not have a why question yet, though. However, I really find the topics of eugenics and designer babies extremely interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment